Sunday, August 24, 2008

Super Sunday! (A long post, but definitely worth reading it.)

It was a miracle! It had been raining faithfully for the passed few days but there was no rain during the run! It only came back to pour heavily again after the run (at 1300 hrs) and drizzling before it. (It stopped obediently at around 0550hrs) Amen man! I had been praying for good weather during the run after seeing all the rain actions for the passed days. (Im sure all Christian runners did pray as well.) And I prayed specifically on Sat that "Lord, I pray for good weather during the run. No rain but good, cool weather. Yes, ..not hot as well. Hee..." I thought I asked abit too much. So I said "Lord, let Your will be done. Anywhere, I reckon it will be quite fun and cooling to run in the rain as well. So, no problem, Father :) " But see how loving is our Father in heaven! He stalled the rain for us so that we could enjoyed our run and His childrens able to go to His churches without any hassle. Thank You, Father, for Your love towards us. (And con't to teach us how to love like You do, Father.) And this verse came on my mind as I reflect how He stalled the rain. "This is an easy thing in the eyes of the Lord."- 2Kings 3:18

Anywhere, I completed my half-marathon, which is 21km, in 2hrs 18mins 49secs. And I am very satisfied and absolutely delighted with my performance! I thought its quite impressive consider that its my virgin run! And I received my first ever "Olympic" finisher medal after this run and many predicts that more is to come from J-U-DE-Man from the city of Jude'rusalem. Ha. (Sorry, I am not show-boating, just too happy! - Usain or rather, now, should be called Usay "Lightning" Bolt )

And next up for *Usay "Light-ing" Boat aka J-U-DE-Man is the year end BIGGEST event, Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon. He will be competing with himself in the punishing 48km run event. Will he choke in this big stage? Highly unlikely. Haha.


And besides Thanking God for the good weather, I would also love to thank God for enabled me to finish the run. And it really helps when I meditate and claiming His promises for me (and for all His childrens) while running. "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. I will run and not grow weary, I will walk and not be faint."- Isa 40:29,31. I injected life to myself in these verses during my run, esp after the 14km mark and into the difficult trail run.

Thank God for bro Matthew Wee who helped to arrange for me to put my bag in bro Phuay Hee's car, and Tk God for Phuay Hee who sent us to his place for shower after the run so that we could make it for main svc on time or at least, don't missed it. (But we missed it altogether. Ha. My fault as I got mixed-up with the meeting place after the run. Its true, my mind not functioning well after running 21km. haha.) Therefore, also tk God for both of them who showed brotherly love towards me, not only they forgave me, but also fed me. Yes, we went for small makan at Bedok hawker centre before we had our showers.

Also tk God for Donnie "Seed" who helped me to contact Phuay Hee when I lost them in both the race and in the meeting place after the race. Tk God for such a wonderful brother in Donnie who also invited me to watch Money No Enough 2 for free in the same afternoon. I was tired after the run and the thoughts of "Letting fly an aeroplane" on him was firmly on my mind, but I just couldn't bring myself to do that. This is not the way to treat a true friend. So I chose to honour him by honouring my words and went for the show at Expo, even-though I was already at home-and-dry and there was thunderstorm outside. And even if I braved through the "cats-and-dogs in the form of rains", I will be late and missed part of the show. But this friend and brother is definitely more than the show. So, Donnie, yesterday appearance was for you and you alone. Ha!

Tk God for my Mutton, Joseph Chiang, who came out from the hall in the midst of the show just to usher me in to my seat. (But, perhaps, you could make a call to the Muttons til Midnight in the "You-Complaint" segment and complaint tt this certain man caused you to miss part of the funny-good show! Haha.)

Also, a BIG thank you to this kind soul who lends me his mobile phone when I was in Marina Square and needed to contact Phuay Hee to let him know that I was ready to be "pick-up". Though i dont know your name and couldn't remember ur face, I really tk you for being my good Samaritan!

So, I realised yesterday was not just about the run and the race and its endurance and perseverance. Its more than that. There was His love, His grace and His mercy. And He is the same God yesterday, today and forever more. His love for all of us remains forever.

*Why called Usay Light-ing Boat : because I am the Light of the world and of the run. And Jesus Christ is my Noah's ark. And on a lighter note, I love Insain...no i mean, Usain Bolt. He is so cute and so good! In fact, all my siblings who watched the track event loved him! Esp, my second sis! She became his No.1 fan. Full of smiles, laughters and excitement whenever she saw him in tv. Bolt is not good-looking, i think. But he is very charming.

So, non-good-lookers out there, We have Hope here. Haha. Just kd. Why so serious?

As we all know, God looks at our hearts, not our looks or bodies. Looks and bodies fades away...but hearts continue to grow. Whoa,..profound right? Should be able to make it to the book of Proverbs. Haha...

No comments: