Tuesday, July 15, 2008

And Love Will Come To Us

Last Sunday, I received a call from an ex-colleague. And I was delighted to hear from him again! Like me, he is a child of God, who is rooted and growing in Christ. And what's more is that he is also charming, good-looking, well-built, able to tame his tongue, always bold enough to proclaim God's Name to our other colleagues(pre-believers) and received mockings from them. And, He is still single and available! This brings us to our next topic.

Seeking for love.

We have known each other for more than 3 years now. And he remains unattach. But I know he is always on a look-out for his "lost-rib". Fast-forward 3 years, he is still searching for her and is now, desperate. (This is what we agreed and confessed. We re desperate. Haha)

He shared that he did make some new friends(all ladies) and the way he approached is daring to me. Full of courage and confidence I must say. Which he shouldn't be lacking due to his good-looks he received from the Lord. However, after listening to him, (on how he approached the ladies) I felt uneasy. And because we are brothers in Christ, I could speak to him and he knows where Im coming from. I shared with him that I felt the Lord said.."Do not fret..." and He wants us to continue to wait and hope in Him, to present us our "lost-rib" so that we will be complete. Therefore, its totally unnecessary for us to seek her intentionally, especially via dubious methods.

I really thank God for our conversations. Because He was right there with us. And I realised that He likes to use a certain way to speak to me. And that is through my 'preaching' to others. Whenever I 'preached', I received preaching from the Holy Spirit as well. The words I shared speaks directly to my heart. So I guess this is what He meant by "Iron sharpens iron".

This was how we conclude.

We will surrender our life to Him.
Especially our love life.

We will fret not.
And we will not seek one intentionally. (as in like a desperate)

Its a risk.
But we are willing to put our trust in Him,
Who is good and faithful.

And I continued.
The Lord knows me much more better than I do.
And if He knows I needed one,
will He not bless me?
In His special way; His special timing.

And I am willing.
To be single or married.
As long as its His plans for me.

I told my friend.
You are a prince.
Not a desperado.

And love will come to us.

1 comment:

Joan said...

Jude,
You are my soul brother and you rock. God will show you a way, in His time, in all ways, for always, I absolutely believe that.
-Mel
P.S. Return you your CDs soon, lemme know about any prayer requests ;)